Art's transition from "Subs to Stones" was facilitated by his passion for gems and his technical mind. He rapidly became a Graduate Gemologist, a successful wholesale gem and jewelry dealer and a Director of Miami's Diamond Dealers Club. He opened Provident Jewelry & Loan in 1993 in West Palm Beach and several years later he was unanimously elected as The Chairman of The Board of The Diamond Bourse of The Southeast USA. Provident Jewelry today is a high end retail business which now has six locations in Florida, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Fort Meyers and two in Naples. Mr Samuels is a nationally recognized expert in his field. He is a dynamic speaker and writer - stressing his strong views as a consumer advocate and the need for high ethics and expertise.
Owned and operated wholesale and retail businesses in South Florida for the past 30 years.
Served as an Arbitrator for disputes involving $1,000,000+ in controversy.
Full Mobile and In-House Gem Laboratories.
Senior Member of the Accredited Gemologists Association: an independent, international, nonprofit organization.
Graduate of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) Master Gemologist Appraiser course, August 1993.
Published numerous articles (eg., PB Daily News
) and is a distinguished public speaker.
Unanimously elected Chairman of the Board and is a Director of the Diamond Bourse of the Southeastern United States, occupying either of these positions for the last 20 years.
Gemological Institute of America (GIA) Graduate Gemologist and assisted in the revision of the GIA Diamonds Course.
- The World Federation of Diamond Bourses
- The Accredited Gemologists Association (AGA) Senior Member and Board Member
- Natural Color Diamond Association (NCDIA)
- The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA) Candidate
- Jewelers Board of Trade (JBT)
- The Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC)
- American Gem Trade Association
- The Northern Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Palm Beach Bar Association